Grateful

It seems like this week, I've had a lot of experiences that remind me how blessed I am with good friends. I think it started with Saturday and seeing some old friends, and having such a great time with a best friend. I felt very grateful that Becky and I have not only kept in touch, but we've been a part of each other's lives for such a long time. I still feel like I could call her whenever about whatever and I appreciate her so much!

Earlier this week, my friend Sherrie started a blog. I was having a rotten day and I got her e-mail with the link to her blog and it immediately brightened my mood. I'm grateful for friends who blog-- I think it really helps remind us how positive and hopeful our lives are.

On Tuesday, my Mother-in-law came to visit us in Logan. The boys (all three of them!) were just thrilled to visit with her. I'm so grateful for a Mother-in-law who is not only a great mom and Grammuh to my husband and kids, but also a great friend and confidante to me.

Also on Tuesday, my best, best friend and I celebrated nine years together. We went out to a dinner at our favorite Logan restaurant, Le Nonne (just look at all of that delicious food in this picture!) and spent the evening just talking. I am infinitely grateful that my husband is not only a great husband, but also the very best friend.


On Wednesday, our sweet Thomas started FIRST GRADE! I know, I am not old enough to have a kid in first grade, but what can you do? He was so cute and excited, but also a little nervous. I am very grateful for his cute friends at school-- when he saw some familiar faces, his nerves disappeared and he took off running with a huge smile on his face. I am grateful that friendship starts early.

Thomas on the first day of first grade


And this evening, where a busy and somewhat difficult week has not quite ended, my friend Karin called to invite the boys and me to go for a little evening hike in the canyon. We went with Sean and Everett and the evening could not have come at a better time. It was so fun to get out and catch up with my dear friend, and to get some refreshing air in my lungs. I am grateful for friends who think of things like this!

Gordon and Everett



Karin and Thomas playing-- no that's not me, it's Karin-- we love redheads!


For all of my friends and family, I am grateful for your part in my life!