The Order of the Phoenix


Last night, Chris and I went to see the fifth installment in the Harry Potter movie franchise, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, courtesy of Harris Research. I really enjoyed the movie and thought that Daniel Radcliffe and crew did a great job. I also love Emma Thompson and Helena Bonham Carter, but Imelda Staunton totally stole the show. It was really great fun and I'm excited for the next one!

... Maybe I'll even pick up the book...

Chris has actually read all six HP books, and felt the movie was an incredibly compressed version of the book, so he was not quite as entertained as I. But he did admit that although the movie had to leave out a lot of the detail in the 900+ page book, for 2 1/2 hours, it wasn't bad at all.

I did wish for a magic wand of my own last night, primarily to get rid of the many cell phones and babies in the theatre. The stupid teenaged girl sitting next to me sent and received text messages about every ten seconds through the entire film-- her phone would light up and loudly vibrate every time she got a new message. I'm sure I was a much brattier teenager than I would like to admit, but I would like to hope that I never would have been so rude. Why even go to a movie if you're just going to play on your phone the whole time? So obnoxious!!