It's Wednesday...

... and I'm just now blogging! Almost a week since my last post... tsk, tsk, tsk.

We actually had a wonderful, quiet, low-key weekend. Early, early in the morning on Saturday, I made a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up a copy of the last of the Harry Potter books for Chris. I am normally not a big Wal-Mart fan, but it was the only store selling The Deathly Hallows at 3AM. There were plenty of freaky people shopping there at that ungodly hour, and all of us walked out with a copy of the book.

As previously mentioned, I have not read any of the HP books myself (no offense, they're just low on my priority list of things to read), but Chris has been a fan since my sister Caitlan first talked about Harry quite a few years ago. I think Harry and Caitlan might be the same age? I'll have to check on that. So, Chris was really excited. I think he was also a little paranoid that he was going to hear a spoiler before he had the chance to read the ending himself. Being in the newspaper business, he almost always knows about things at least a few seconds before the rest of the world does, and I think he wanted to keep the ending of the Harry Potter series a surprise. Hence, he spent the entire weekend madly reading the 700+ page book and was happy to finish it late Sunday night before heading back to work on Monday.

I am a cheater and read the last page on my way back from buying the book.

While Chris read, I got caught up on laundry, scrapbooking, grocery shopping, and sleeping. It was a lovely way to spend the weekend. If you read this blog regularly, you know that a weekend doing basically nothing comes few and far between for us, so I try to relish my "weekends off".

This week, I've been back on my regular go-go-go-go-go schedule: working, of course, and swimming on Monday night, dinner with a friend on Tuesday, a baby shower tonight... it's been a busy one. Chris has kept me sane by doing nice things like making me a tasty BLT lunch today. What a great guy I have!

One more event-- and this one is very exciting: our new nephew, Garrett Andrew Myers, was born this morning in Arizona! I haven't seen pictures of the little dude yet, but I'm guessing he looks a lot like his adorable siblings. We can't wait to meet little Gary!

I haven't taken a lot of pictures this week, but I did get this one of Gordon right after church on Sunday. He's just a little sugar, isn't he?