Fell Into a Homeschool Rhythm

This is week three of the new schedule which includes two half days at medical appointments. I am happy to report we have fallen into a good rhythm.

I am enjoying homeschooling my kids again. The younger is now rebelling a bit so it is not perfect here. The older has been fantastic to be around in general and I am enjoying teaching him now that he lets me.

It feels great to enjoy my kids again. I think I am on the healing side of homeschool burnout. I still feel overwhelmed with all that is going on regarding my older son's learning challenges and medical conditions but hopefully all the care he is getting is going to help.

Still unresolved is that I have no time to exercise for fitness. My weight has not changed since I gained ten pounds during the move in the summer of 2011 but I'm feeling fat. I just can't seem to get everything aligned to be balanced and ideal, but maybe my ideals are too high.

This schedule we're using started three weeks ago and will be in effect through May 12. After that the co-op classes end so I can revise the schedule again. Having finished those courses my kids will have time for new things. I plan to fill that time with art electives, some museum trips, and probably my older son will returning to doing geometry.