My Older Son is Not Enrolling in High School This Year

As you may have suspected, my older son is not enrolling into public school this year. I was ready to let go, honestly I was. But this is not a decision that I can make, my son has to be involved and he needs to buy into it or he will not succeed in school either.

My son said that he did not want to attend public school before I phoned the school to inquire and he definately did not want to enroll once he heard what I had to tell him.

My son wants freedom and flexibility. He dislikes hoop jumping even when he thinks it is legitimate and he doesn't want to hoop jump when he thinks he may be unfairly judged.

Even knowing he is lacking skills in certain areas, (many science minded boys are not lovers of writing composition or literary analysis), my son does not want to repeat a grade due only to being possibly labeled behind in English. He would rather do double time and do two grades of English or cover three years of English in two calendar years to make it up.

So we are back to the drawing board about how to homeschool this current academic year.