Enough - Moving On

I have poured out my heart here lately and aired the dirty homeschool laundry. I think that I've probably gone too far by sharing all that as there was some sensitive information about my son, or at least he may think so.

I shared it all as I think it is important for others to hear that homeschooling is imperfect but more importantly, that homeschooling is a PROCESS that evolves over time. We face challenges and we have to re-evaluate and reconsider and make decisions. We come up with an ideal, we see reality as something less than perfect, we consider options that we think may solve everything and be superior, but in the end in this case we decided that imperfect homeschooling is still a better fit for our older son than public school is. So, we're still at it. We went through a lot of family stress over this issue but when we came out the other side our son had a better attitude and improved behavior. So the struggle was worth it.

With two kids doing intense homeschooling this year, and with them (sadly) needing strict supervision my own time on a computer is limited. The room we homeschool in does not have a computer for me to use.

I will be busy homeschooling the kids so I don't know how much blogging I will do. What is done may be about the content we are learning and books we are reading together. I do need escape time so read books, especially before bed at night, so you'll see some book reviews here of books that I read for pleasure.