BEYOND SAVING???

.....Soooooo, again those little resist dyed felted wool pieces I created are calling me.   I'm just crazy about playing with them.....despite the frustration I've experienced more often than not.  

 ...and again, I forgot to take a 'before' photo.  This piece was dyed in three different dye baths after accordion folding the felted wool & securing with large rubber bands.


That yielded what appeared to me as a landscape view.....sun, sky, water...with numerous cracks of white lines throughout where the rubber bands had been placed.
 Why I thought stitching these lines with white thread was a good idea is now beyond me.  AND worse, why I thought it would be a good idea to fill in some of the spaces with more heavy stitching is even dumber.
So, now I'm in the process of removing some of the stitching.  I've already determined picking out all of it would be insane......so I'm on the verge of kissing this piece goodbye.  I rarely give up once I've started.....but this one is a candidate for the circular file.