Jelly Bean Cake


Looking for a fun and simple treat for Easter?
This Jelly Bean Cake is easy and so much fun!  The kids will love it!

Supplies Needed
- Cake Mix, white or yellow, prepared (one box, or use THIS recipe like I did)
- Food Coloring, various colors
- Cake Frosting (I used THIS recipe)
- Jelly Beans


Directions
1.   Preheat your oven, and grease and flour two baking pans, according to your cake directions.  I didn't have 8" rounds, so I used my 9" square pans instead.


Separate your prepared cake batter into 4 bowls, and tint each bowl to a color of your liking.  

I went a little overboard here.. I was hoping to have more pastels for spring, but dumped in too much.  Oops!


2. Carefully, spoon your batter in alternating spoon-fulls into your prepared baking pans.  You will be laying different colors over top of each other.  I didn't use any rhyme or reason here.  I just dropped batter until my bowls were empty!


3. Bake your cake, according to the cake instructions!  When the cake is ready to come out, the colors won't look as bright on the surface.  Don't worry!  The colors are still nice and bright inside!
Set the cakes aside to cool completely before removing from the pan.


4.  I chose to layer my cake, using frosting in between each layer.  Frost the entire surface of your cake.  Then grab a kid and have them decorate the top with jelly beans.  My 4 year old was more than happy to help with this!
 

Best of all, when you cut into this beautiful cake....


You'll be in for a colorful surprise!

Piece of Cake!

Happy Easter!