Is Oslo's Bysykkel Program in Jeopardy?

I found a real interesting article over at my favorite Norwegian news site (in English!), newsinenglish.no, about Oslo’s popular bysykkel program. Apparently the program is experiencing some difficulty due to vandalism and theft.

The reason I'm interested in this article is that Minneapolis, my fair city, has recently begun a similar program. In fact, there's a half dozen of these bikes stationed just across the street from the Sons of Norway headquarters.

I think this kind of offering is a great idea. It cuts down on traffic and pollution, while encouraging folks to be more active. However I have to wonder if we are having a similar experience? Does your city have a program like this? What's it like? Is it similar to Oslo's program? Leave a comment and let me know.

Since we're on the subject of bikes, have you seen this?