Try-it-Tuesday, More Vacation Rewind, Funny Gord

I've been wanting to participate in Elena's now famous Try-it-Tuesdays for a long time, and finally I'm posting something on a Tuesday! Tonight we had breakfast for supper ("It's your favorite, Puppy!" Ha ha ha!)-- deliciously good French Toast Waffles. They are so easy and so very tasty. A definite must try! Thank you, Emily! ♥



I'm finally finishing up posting about our CA trip in April. Heidi, I'm burning you a CD of all of our great pictures! I love looking at our pictures because it reminds me how much fun we had!

Here's my final, quick little recap (and favorite photos):

David and Gordon are just two little peas in a pod. Sure, they did have a couple of disagreements and a minor (ahem) head-butting incident, but I have a feeling that these two will just grow stronger in their bond. They've been writing (coloring) little letters to each other since we've been home and it's just too cute.



On our second full day with the Myers family, we drove into San Francisco to enjoy the city. It really is a lovely spot and we loved the slightly overcast weather. Chris, if I need to remind you, has an aversion to the sun and I'd rather not deal with sunscreen if I can help it. :) Anyway, our first stop was Ghirardelli Square and McCormick and Kuleto's for lunch. Sophie and I both ordered the salmon and it was definitely the best I've had since we lived in Washington. Mmmm.



After lunch, we took a ferry ride around the bay and under the Golden Gate Bridge. I had actually been under the bridge before with Nonny and Bob, so it was fun to reminisce and make new memories with my own little family.





We finished the day with sundaes at the Ghirardelli ice cream shoppe. The sundaes were huge and amazingly delicious-- it really isn't just your average chocolate! And what a perfect way to end our day out!



I can't forget a picture of the two littlest Hansens-- for now at least. They're going to be pushed out of their baby spots any day now! I love Garrett's curly hair and mischievous smile!



On our way home, we stayed in Elko (fun, fun, fun) and stopped at a park in lieu of another hotel swimming pool (someone read the description wrong). It wasn't really that interesting, but I do love this picture of our monkey Tom.



What a fun vacation we had! I'm hoping we can go back to California next year-- it's on Tom's list of favorite locations! Next up on the rewind posts: Easter, the Utes Spring Preview, and Gordon's birthday!

Before I go, I'll leave you with a couple of funny Gordon-isms:

We've been listening to BNL's Snacktime CD a lot lately (thanks Hij!!), particularly an alphabet song that the boys find hilarious. Gordon sang, "'R' is for 'Army Guys'."

In school, Thomas learned to say the Pledge of Allegiance in sign language and he practices it around the house sometimes. Tonight Gordon came up to me, gave a soldier's salute, and said, "Pledge to the American States, the flag, blah, blah, blah, Animusic One and Animusic Two. AMEN!"