Goings on

We went to Idaho for a fun weekend with my fam. This is our last trip there for quite a while-- possibly until the Holidays, even-- which makes me a little sad. It has been nice living so close to both of our families for the past couple of years and I think I tend to take that for granted.

The weekend was nice and quiet-- no major events. I had the chance to catch up with Becky and Elena on Saturday night, which is always a blast, and Chris and Jake, along with Todd and my parents, had a chance to catch up on Risk. Somehow capturing the Risk-playing was one of my few picture-taking objectives of the weekend!



Also on Saturday night, Allison, my youngest sister, went to her first formal dance. My sisters Kristie and Ann-Michelle did her hair and I did the make-up, and I think we were all quite pleased with the results. She looked WAAAAAAAAY better than her date. No offense to the guy but yeah. This picture is one that she'll probably post on her blog fifteen years from now! :)



Now we're back home and baby-prepping is in full swing. My kids are fairly far apart (especially by Utah standards), so I tend to forget how much stuff a newborn needs, not to mention how tiny everything is. We bought a box of diapers at Sam's club-- I think there are more than 250 of them. Insane. But, at least we have them and I think he should be diaper-ready for a month. Ah, good old diapers. It's been a few fun months without them!

I'm at a very foreign place with this pregnancy. With my other two, by the time I was in my last month, I was very busy concocting ways to go into labor as soon as possible. I could not wait to get those babies out of my body. But this one is a little different. Yes, I'm amazingly uncomfortable and cranky, and I want to burn every item of my maternity wardrobe. On the other hand, the idea of having a third baby is kind of freaking me out. I keep thinking that I really just need a little more time to adapt to the suggestion. I've been assured that most mothers feel this way at one point or another, and that somehow, most of them get through it. I'm sure I will, too.

Next week, I'm going to have a "guess the date" contest. Any suggestions for prizes for the winner?