There is Sunshine in my Soul Today

I don't know why it is, but whenever I think about playing the piano, I always think about that hymn, "There is Sunshine in my Soul Today." The funny thing is that I don't even particularly like that hymn, nor do I have any desire to play it. Maybe this thought stems from an ill-fated piano lesson assignment? Anyway, there is sunshine, or at least music, in my soul today because we have this beauty in our living room:



Yes, we finally found a piano! It is used (as you can see if you enlarge the picture), and needs a tune, but it's in good condition and plays well. We're mostly excited for Thomas to begin his lessons next week at the Utah Youth Conservatory, but I've been surprised at how much I enjoy sitting down to play a bit myself. And I love hearing the funny little songs Thomas makes up all day. I try not to brag about my kids too much, but I do have to say that Thomas has an amazing natural musical talent. I think these lessons will be just perfect for him and will hopefully develop that talent into something he can cherish. I'll definitely post some video of him playing in the next few weeks!