Happy August Days!

I was trying to decide earlier today which month is busier in our family: August or December? I actually think August wins out. We have our anniversary and Tom's birthday in our immediate family, then five other birthdays in our extended families, plus three other anniversaries! Plus, we are still trying to cram in the last bitty bits of summer in and get ready for school (which starts on the 20th this year-- freakishly early, if you ask me), which means other things like lessons and PTA and who the heck knows start this month as well. This week we've had something every single day, which is the primary reason why I am WAY behind on my birthday wishes (even though they're late, I still love you!!), including that of my own little SON! Thomas turned 7 yesterday and I took plenty of pictures that I will just have to post about later. I'm still catching up from this weekend!

Anyway, Saturday we went to a reunion for the Andrew & Carrie Newbold family-- Chris's maternal great-grandparents. Lucky us, it was held right here in Logan, so everyone got to come to us! The reunion itself was nice-- Chris has some really neat people in his family-- but it was especially great because Andy and Heidi and their family were here from California, and Amanda and her two sweeties were here from Wisconsin! We missed Andy Hansen and Emily and her family-- maybe we should start up an annual Hansen reunion?

Our kids were SOOOOOO excited to see their cousins, and even today Gordon asked, "When is Tyler coming over?" Ty is almost a year older than Gordon, but the two of them seem to be instant buddies. I love how they even look alike!


Chris and his cute aunt, Sharon, enjoyed tasty watermelon along with the rest of us. There were a lot of people that I had never met, but I hadn't seen Chris's aunts, uncles or cousins in years, so it was fun to catch up.


Here are all of the Hansen grandkids except Abby. Chris was nice enough to introduce my gigantic belly to everyone as "Number 10".


Cousins! We really need to plan a trip to California!



After the reunion, the Hansens et al came over to our house to celebrate the five August birthdays with tasty cake. It was really fun to hang out with everyone and the time went by just too fast. I think Marilyn was in heaven with all these kids!




Afterward, Gordon came to lay down with me for "just a minute"... and sure enough, it only took a minute...