Anticipation

We really like to gear up for events at our house. For example, on July 1st, Chris said, "Guess what I'm going to do next month? Watch college football!" I came home today to the Utes homepage on our monitor and Chris calling his mom in Salt Lake to discuss which home games he could think about attending.

Chris also likes to print up menus for restaurants that we may be going to in the future. He has already planned what he will order at each of our eating stops on our trip at the very end of this month, as well as some options for our anniversary on August 21st.

Yesterday Thomas handed me a hand-written note, which I quickly discerned was his Christmas list for this year. Um, it's JULY, buddy. Also, haven't I been the kind of parent to discourage that kind of materialism? Apparently not. Since it is a pretty cute list, I thought I'd share, with his spelling in tact:

1. Mario, Luigi, YoShey, BowlZer, Peach toys wearing Christmas hats (no, I don't know where he came up with that one)
2. Mario Kart set up with two mario Bros.!
3. HOT WHEELLS!!
4. Piano
5. Golf balls and some golf corses
6. A colering Book!
7. Christmas Blaknet!
8. Yo-Yo!
9. Compueter!
10. CamerA!!

There are only a couple of items on this list that are within the reasonable gift realm, so it looks like we're going to have to do some major PR work between now and December.

But what I am I talking about? December?!?

First we have to get through the thing that I am anticipating: the birth of this child! I think Chris is a tiny bit bummed that this event may take place during one of the previously mentioned college football games, and that it takes precedence over any and all sporting events.

I went to the doctor today and everything looks good, so I thought I'd do another pregnancy update. I can't really believe that I'm already in my third trimester-- it seems like this one has gone by so quickly! I feel pretty good for the most part and still have not gained enormous amounts of weight, although I am definitely not feeling very lithe these days. I make sure to groan when I have to get up and move around, just so Chris can appreciate my pain. :)

As far as my prenatal craziness goes, I did have a perspective-changing experience (which I may or may not write about) that has reminded me that things are really not so bad and that I should just turn down the wattage a little bit. I am sure everyone, particularly Chris and the boys, appreciates this!

I don't know if I have ultra strong cravings (as in, if I don't get what I want, I don't freak out or anything), but I have been eating a lot of corn dogs lately, which is really just disgusting if you think about it. The best one so far was at the Art Festival, but the one from Big J's in Preston was not too shabby.

The little dude has a nice heartbeat and moves around quite a bit now. I'm not sure what else to share about him except that we have decided on a name and that I hope his pre-life preparation included self-defense from rowdy older brothers.

I guess that's it. Oh what fun...