A {little} hike

One of the things I absolutely love about living in Logan is the close proximity of mountains and the fun outdoor activities that come with them. A less than 20 minute drive on Tuesday took the boys and me to the entrance of Logan Canyon and the River Walk hike, which runs just along the Logan river. The hike is very easy and stays on a pretty flat plane, so we can go as far as we'd like. It's the perfect summer evening activity!

Our hikes consist mainly of Thomas and Gordon running as fast as they can until I yell, "I can't see you anymore!", after which, they run as fast as they can back to me. We repeat this pattern for almost the whole hike, until one of them decides that he is tired and thirsty, then we all stop for a break. My view the entire time pretty much looks like this:



Gordon's favorite thing to do, whether we are hiking or just walking down the street, is find rocks and sticks and other things to throw in the water. This particular hike is nice because the river is within throwing distance and the rocks are big and plentiful. Both boys had a fun time throwing the rocks and cheering at their big splashes. I was able to pull them away long enough to take a couple of pictures, but you can tell by their expressions that these are courtesy smiles so they can get back to rock-throwing.




I really should just come to terms with the fact that my children are not the least bit interested in having their pictures taken.



We're heading to Idaho Falls to celebrate the 4th with my family, so I won't blog again until we return on Monday. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!