My Leesta Toast is 29!!



I can't think of a more appropriate time to attempt my first blog post than on Elise's last birthday of her twenties. I feel this is especially appropriate since I am composing this entry on the new iMac I got her as an early birthday present.

Let's start with some messages from the boys:
"I think I want to say ... happy birthday." - Gord
"I love you sooooooooo much. Happy birthday Mom!" - Tom
"Maybe I want to say I love you." - Gord, who loves Mommy because "I play with her."
"She obeys me, and I obey her." - Tom

What I will say is that Leesta is the Gorilla glue that holds this family together. If it weren't for her, the boys and I would be living up Logan Canyon in some cave, wearing loincloths and competing with coyotes for food. Sure, we'd have fun, but we'd probably smell bad and definitely cry ourselves to sleep every night over the loss of our lovely redhead.

When we found out we were having another boy, it just seemed right. Leesta has always been the lone woman in this family, and she's magnified that role so well. She's the perfect mixture of creativity, comfort, business savvy, leadership, friendship, beauty, intellect and sexiness. And, as Tom pointed out, she's got the obedience (and lustrous coat) of a golden retriever.
Happy birthday Leesta!