He's a Hunster

I have to write this quick post (sans pics, sorry) about the fantastic person I happen to be married to. Chris is really such a great guy, and I don't give him nearly enough credit or tell him often enough how grateful I am for everything he does. The truth is that I can be a selfish little snot and I tend to take his goodness for granted. So, on this night, let me just go down in the record books as saying this: I am SO grateful for Chris!

As most of you know, Chris works the evening shift at the newspaper and usually gets home between 10 and midnight every night. I complain about our schedule on a very regular basis (to his complete and utter joy, I'm sure, but he doesn't complain back) and I tend to get very worn out by the pseudo-single-mom role I play during the week. It seems like Fridays have been especially bad lately, and last Friday was no different. When Chris called to see how things were going, I answered in my grumpiest voice and explained how I had absolutely no more patience to deal with our darling offspring. After we hung up and I told Gordon for the umpteenth time to get in bed, I finished straightening the house and started working at the computer. At 9:30, I heard a little knock on our front door. When I opened the door, I couldn't see anyone but saw a couple of presents on the step: a Mexican quesadilla from TGI Friday's and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. I called for Chris, but he didn't come out of hiding, so I shut the door and went upstairs to store my treats. A minute later, another knock. This one still didn't produce Chris, but a dozen beautiful roses-- peach, pink, white and yellow. He finally came around the corner with his carefree smile, and I completely forgot about my stressful night.

The best thing about this little story is that it's not a rare one-- Chris is constantly finding ways to make me feel special. He is a very hard-working, kind, and genuine person, and I am so glad that he's mine. I need to try harder to be the kind of spouse that he is to me!

Love you, Hunst!