Master of the Universe!


Okay, so he is Master of his own Universe, but nonetheless. It's official: we (temporarily, sigh) no longer have children in diapers! HOORAY! That's right, Gordon is completely potty trained! I wish I could credit my amazing mothering skills for this feat, but the truth is that it was all Gord's decision. We've been teetering around the idea for several months now, and this week, he just decided that the time had finally come. I've mentioned his strong-willed nature before, and this is just another prime example: when he's ready, he'll do it.

He had a couple of accidents on Monday and Tuesday, our first two diaper-free days, but none since. Yesterday, when we went to the museum and out to dinner, I brought along clean pairs of shorts, socks and undies, just in case, but they went back into the drawer unused. After he made it through the three hour church block, and again, a three hour nap on my bed (now that's a test!), both wetness-free, I feel safe in saying that we've arrived at toilet mastery heaven!

Part of me is very sad that I no longer have a baby in this little guy, but the other part, the bigger and more important part, is thrilled with the awesome kid he is now! Way to go, buddy!