Happy Birthday Gordon!


Today my sweet baby boy turned three years old, and officially exited toddlerhood and entered kid-dom. I've been feeling rather sad and nostalgic today (prenatal psychosis is partly to blame) as Gord and I have been running around in birthday celebration. Has it really been three years since this funny little man entered my life?

For those who know Gordon well, it won't be a surprise to learn that he woke up with a GIGANTIC smile this morning and jumped up and down all over the house singing, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!" He has always approached everything in life with an absolute vigor, something I have always loved about him. He is definitely my fireball child-- always full of energy and spunk, and that little extra spark that keeps us on our toes. I'll admit that he is also the kid I forsee butting heads with a little bit (okay, I can recall butting heads with him just today, in fact), but only because we're a lot alike in our stubbornness. Gordon is extremely expressive and imaginative, and has a great budding sense of humor. He's also the most darling little thing, with those crazy Snuffy eyelashes, adorable baby blue eyes, and cherubic little face-- looks that, I believe, let him get away with being a demon! Gordon brings a special energy and charm to our lives, and I'm so very grateful that he is ours. May 15th will always be a special day in our family!


After work today, Gordon, Chris and I had a tasty birthday lunch of "chicken on a bone" (fried chicken), accompanied by the traditional balloons-- three of them! Afterward, Gord and I went on a few errands: a haircut for the birthday boy (he talked to the the stylist the entire time), Smith's Marketplace (like Fred Meyer) for groceries and a couple more presents, and over to a friend's to pick up Thomas. Our friends, the Hunts, joined us for Gordon's favorite dinner of Macaroni and Cheese (I made a special adult version for the grown-ups-- yummy!!) and birthday cake and ice cream. I tried to get a cute birthday picture of him, but it just wasn't meant to be. Instead, I got quite a few of him yelling, "I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE", and finally one really cheesy consolation picture. Yes, he's a little firecracker, all right! Ultimately, though, he did let me cuddle and kiss him good-night (and just an hour later than normal!), so it's been a very good day.



Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!