Summertime, Summertime, Sum Sum Summertime

When I was in seventh grade choir, we sang the Summertime song at our end-of-year concert. I think we were all a little excited for the performance, because as we were singing, I could tell that we were gradually getting sharper the higher our notes went. It was pretty bad, and I chuckle every time I think about the poor parents, obligingly clapping for us at the end. Yikes.

Saturday was a special day

We enjoyed our first relaxing weekend of Summertime! Well, Saturday would probably not be called relaxing, as we got a ton of work done, but it felt good to hang out at home. Here are our accomplishments:
  • Chris finished putting the swing set together

  • We bought another huge bunch of bark and finished covering the back corner

  • We covered the rosebed with landscape cloth, bark mulch, and bordered it with brick pavers. The roses are looking so lovely!

  • I dug out the circle around our front yard maple, planted random perennials (maybe a little too random, but oh well, at least they're perennials), and lined the area with pavers

  • I returned some shirts and bought a couple of new ones (not really an accomplishment, but still)

  • Chris got movie theater popcorn and fun drinks, and we watched Happy Texas together (also not an accomplishment, but fun!)

Whew!

Lazy Sunday

After 9:00 AM church, Gordon and I enjoyed a relaxing nap together. Technically, we did wake up in the late afternoon. We had salmon, rice pilaf and veggies for dinner-- crazy delicious! And before dinner, we watched The Chronicles of Narnia on cable. Hee hee hee...

Chris took this picture of my little nap with Gordy Roo. I love the Snuffy eyelashes!

Sprinklers!

Today I needed to test our sprinkler system, so what better way to enjoy a summer afternoon than letting the boys run through the water? Our neighbor boy came over and they had a blast giggling and screaming and getting soaked. I love Tom's little farmer tan!

Last weekend at Liberty Park

And finally, here are a couple of pictures from our adventures at Liberty Park last weekend. My favorite part was watching the ride attendants tightening screws and oiling joints on the ferris wheel as they loaded passengers. Classy. At least the kids had a great time! (Okay, so Gord was not crazy about the airplanes, but he did love the ferris wheel with Gramm!)


Summerti-i-i-i-ime.