Gingerbread Houses

I'll be honest: I can't even remember the last time I made a gingerbread house. Not that I don't think it's fantastic fun, I just haven't had the opportunity to do it for a really long time, and the last time I did, I'm sure it was with graham crackers. So, when my friend Karin invited Thomas and me to her house to make real gingerbread houses, we certainly couldn't refuse her offer! My other friend, Melissa, and her twins Miles and Zipporah came as well and we had a great time!

I actually got a great shot of all three kids before we started decorating the houses! They were all so excited-- especially because Karin advised them to eat as much candy as they wanted!
 
 

 
Melissa and Karin helping Zipporah and Miles put their houses together
Zipporah was the most creative of the kids
I helped Tom with the frosting--
he didn't want to do any of the hard work!
Against our advice, Thomas tried the frosting. He didn't like it.


  Posted by Picasa
And here's the finished product! We'll definitely have to add making gingerbread houses to our Christmas traditions.